21 June 2009

Sunday is Gloomy

I'm having a wonderful rainy Sunday, finally having a chance to just lie in bed drinking tea and spending some quality time with my friend, the Internet.
Some things coming up soon:
  • Tomorrow I'm having the last of my tattoo inked in, it will finally be fully coloured and come to life. Not really looking forward to being in pain for another four days or so, but them's the breaks.
  • Thursday I have an appointment up at the hospital to assess my health and put me on the list to have surgery to have the lump removed from my boob. The doctor I'm seeing is Dr Christopher Pike, which pleases me no end. One beep for yes, two beeps for no.
  • July 4th I will be working at the Paniyiri Greek festival on at Musgrave Park, South Brisbane, cleaning up plates of octopus, half-eaten honey puffs and red wine. It's going to be disgusting, but I'll be rich by the end of it.
  • July 11th is Prime Nightclub at the Shafston Hotel in East Brisbane, from 8pm till 2am and it is going to be AWESOME. My friends Chani and Disa are running it and if you want more info check out their twitter stream here: @PrimeBrisbane
I went to a party last night at Chani's house to celebrate the Solstice - longest night of the year. She has a party every year where everyone stays up all night having fun. I lasted till about 2am before me and my boyfriend cabbed it home. I'm so not up for late nights anymore. It gets to about 1am and I just can't be bothered staying awake anymore. It's not like when I was 14 and drinking a cup of coffee every hour just so we could stay up to watch the sun rise. The sun rise is no fun anymore.

I have been considering having my own clothes swap party after having a great time at @definatalie's a few weeks back and scoring some excellent new clothes when I really needed them. I'm just having a bit of trouble with deciding who to invite. The whole point of the party that I liked the most was the body-positivity aspect, a safe space to grab some clothes that make you feel good and get rid of the ones that don't. I'm kind of afraid that I won't be able to get that point across to the people that I do want to invite - and I'm not sure some of them would understand it. I'm afraid to throw a party where people will come along and feel bad about their bodies, cause that's the exact opposite of what I want.

Anyway, I feel like making cupcakes and playing with my rat, so here are some obligatory zombie links for ye.

Undead Barbie
A giant list of zombie rhymes
Zombie Apocafest Lego festival set on flickr - awesome! Need to go out and get myself some Lego.
Zombie High Heels

And finally, please enjoy the shit out of this AMAZING claymation zombie film. It's actually really creepy and the goriest thing ever! Youtube user takena has heaps more bloody claymation movies on his channel, check them out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That claymation video is fraking awesome. It is so win. I love how it takes influences from Asian Horror cinematography. Ok, that's the film nerd part of me done. I'm thinking of going to Prime. Sounds awesome.

Sleepydumpling said...

Natalie and Sonya are talking about making the clothes swap a regular event, particularly as a "body positive" thing. I hope they do, because I was SO bummed to be sick for the one they just had!