24 June 2009

Prime Nightclub Pimping

Prime Nightclub is being organised by my friends Chani (@scribewraith) and Disa (@atratus_rowena) and I'd like to spread the word a bit because I'm insanely excited about it.
I met up with Chani tonight to grab some flyers from her to spread around town so if you're interested, please let me know so I can get one to you. My boyfriend drew the art for them and I'd also like to get his work seen - he's a comic artist, currently working on creating a portfolio site which I'll give some blog-love to when it's up and running. I'm not just saying it cause I love him and get to see him naked, but he really is the most awesome artist ever. Way better than you, anyway.

Prime is being held on Saturday 11th July at the Shafston Hotel in East Brisbane from 8pm until 2pm. It will be 18+ and ID will be required as there is booze and there is an $8 cover charge. The Shafston Hotel is on the corner of Lytton and Wellington Roads. It looks like buses 235 and 475 will get you there, or you can take the CityCat to the Mowbray Park Ferry Terminal.

It will basically be a nightclub for geeks. There will be PC's and plasma TV's set up with consoles for gaming, music all night, a little tiny bit of dancing. At least, everyone will probably stand around watching my friend Pan dance. If you do not know or have not seen Pan dance before, please watch the video below....



Pan and my boyfriend Aaron will be DJing so I'm guessing the music will be a mixture of Oingo Boingo, They Might Be Giants, Talking Heads, lots and lots from the 80s, plus a little punk, goth and maybe some old Eurovision pop in there. Like this song...



I was talking with Chani about whether it would be cool for people to bring their laptops in case there's WiFi, and little LAN parties could get going - she's not sure if there is WiFi there, so if you're interested and would love to game while you're there, keep an eye out on their twitter for more updates as the night draws closer.
She's also said there will be some giveaways, games, comics, books, CD's. Awesome.

If you aren't convinced yet then I give up on you.


2 comments:

agent_x said...

I want to see some of your boyfriends drawings. Post them! Post them! Post them!

Are they better than your Cthulu drawing?

zombietron said...

Hehe, I'll have to ask him first - and yes he's way better - see the robot in the bottom picture on the Prime card? That's his drawing.